France’s response to the Paris massacre should be defined as lukewarm at best. Several fighter-bombers dropped some ordnance on a few locations, where the ISIS idiots have been sheltering. France is now placing a lot of importance on “returning to life as usual” as a major form of resisting ISIS. Is this because the Christmas shopping period is coming up? Where is the big punch, the overwhelming response, the shock&awe?
While “boots on the ground” are now unrealistic and would provide ISIS fighters with an opportunity to fulfil their greatest desire of fighting the American devils on middle-eastern soil, the world does have other response mechanisms. Ones that would provide the crazy extremists with what they desire – death (their own). And, lots of it.
Question 1: Where is Curtis LeMay, when you need a crazy general from Strategic Air Command, quoted as: “I’ll tell you what war is about, you’ve got to kill people, and when you’ve killed enough they stop fighting.” Simple. It cannot be 20 aircraft bombing some targets on a large territory. The challenge is to undertake a sustained, effective and overwhelming campaign, which will prevent ISIS from renewing its resource base. Ergo: destroy their assets faster than they can replenish them. This requires a coalition effort or just an angry US with 2 aircraft carriers in the region and some strategic bombers flying long-range missions (are they still based in UK?).
Question 2 (resulting from the above): Don’t you think that Saddam is now vindicated in his strategies? Remember when US invaded Iraq and Saddam started burning oil fields? A cool strategy of “denial”, that will work against ISIS as well, seeing that the terrorists are earning an estimated 50 million USD per week from sales of oil. That in turn means that they have unlimited money for buying weapons, equipment, food, etc. Did you notice that the Toyota pickups they always use, have been getting newer and better? Who is the Toyota dealer for Iraq?
and we worry about car pollution
Question 3: Where is SOCOM when you really need them? US special Operations Command has proven itself as a hyper-effective tool for the elimination of Taliban in Afghanistan and Pakistan, so why not shift their efforts and capabilities to a new target? In all types of ideological movements, the secret to their defeat is to attack the leadership – those who put stupid ideas into heads of idiots and then tell those frenzied idiots to go and do crazy shit. So, as SOCOM already did in Afghanistan, you go after the ISIS leadership with surgical drone strikes and targeted assassinations. As an illegitimate non-state pretentious wannabe, ISIS leadership are not state leaders, so they will not find protection under international law. Good. Their morning coffee and cigarette on a balcony will now be done with a though that a drone could be just over the horizon.
cool badges on their arms
Question 4: will Anonymous help the various governments by providing vital digital data about ISIS’s online operations. This cooperating would be unprecedented and, undoubtedly, short-lived as the hackers and Western governments have only ISIS in common. Nonetheless, ISIS digital operations would be a source of good targeting data – imagine an ISIS leader talking online and that data passed to a circling American bomber with a nice 500kg “gift” to be dropped on THAT particlar “internet location”. If the hackers could wipe out more accounts, steal money from the rabid crazies, that would be even cooler.
Question 5: when will European governments shift their security policies to preventative detentions, targeted removals of individuals with proven links but against whom no “binding in court” information can be acquired? What about stripping of nationalities from extremists and kicking them back to the sand dunes that house ISIS? Is anyone deluding themselves that Europe will NOT go towards deportations? The current softness towards migrants is a temporary thing, trust me.
All we need is some political courage.
Watching the 2 days of terrorist activity in Paris, which included the massacre of Charlie Hebdo journalists, simple conclusions come to mind.
1. Anyone enjoying history will look towards the British “rivers of blood” speech from 1968 by Enoch Powell, warning (already then!) of racial conflict coming to the UK (and we can extrapolate that to Europe as well).
2. It is clear that Europe’s post-colonial guilt must end – whatever happened prior to WW2 must not be the cause of European weakness. Europe is a strong and powerful and united continent, which must not fall prey to a few extremist immigrants, denied a normal life while provided with AK47s.
3. Until yesterday, the idea of waterboarding was loath. Today, we should hook-up all these combatants to a water hose and see if they should breathe underwater. Normal ethical and legal standards are now out of the window – an AK47 in a magazine editorial office voids your rights to: lawyer, food, jail cell and right to breathe. What you get is water into your nose and throat. Dick Cheney and Joe Biden are right.
4. Multiculturalism and multi-religionalism does NOT work. Tony Blair’s MultiCulti is useless! If you come to a country you have to follow the rules of that country. If not – go home. If “back home” they shoot you, torture you, poison you or mind-wash you – that is your bad luck. Should have been nice while living in OUR countries.
5. It is clear that negotiations do not work. What works? We have two major examples: US SOCOM and their drone programme + Israeli approach to internal terrorism (you blow yourself up, we blow up your house and your remaining family).
We are coming close to the 100Th birthday of European right-wing extremism emergence. People only learn from painful mistakes. So, remembering WW2 is not the same as experiencing it. Such actions as the Charlie Hebdo massacre and all that bullshit Islamic terrorism will lead to two possible outcomes:
– Massacres and resulting emigration back home (a crazy African with an AK back home is less lethal than an European SWAT officer with an G-36K and laser sights and state-justified anger or a lynch mob with molotovs);
– Full integration of immigrants, regardless of their religion, language, homeland (what the Germans are trying with forceful German classes, etc);
Immigrants having any other idea? Welcome to a counter-terrorist hell. Europe is our territory. Not yours. We have been around for several thousand years. You “culture” or “country” has not. You want freedom? Return home.
All of you, thinking that you are “freedom fighters”:
– You cannot escape a drone;
– Your Hotmail email is monitored;
– Your Swiss accounts are known as are those in the Caymans;
– Your satellite phone is monitored (remember the Chechen leader who left his bunker to make a phonecall and got a radio-guided missile in his face?);
– You hiding in the Facebook crowd is NOT hiding (big data is watching you, listening to you);
– Your emigration is a mistake as is that of your family or agents;
I keep hearing about the impact (shock&awe) that these terrorists can cause by creating tragic events on the streets of Europe. The understanding of modern societies by primitives with a suicide vest is incorrect/inadequate. You think that societies are the governments. WRONG! Scaring some fat/lazy unemployed girls with six kids is not the same as affecting our powerful and competent security services and pissing-off our politicians. Those girls you scare are the same as the impotent boys you recruit to your “cause” to fight or blow themselves up (Freudian orgasm as semtex-based self-explosion?). Sexual frustration always loses with a drone-carried Hellfire missile fired into your window or into your car. YOU LOSE.
I used to think and teach about “just war theory” and all its related concepts. Your AK47s and semtex IEDs have automatically voided any ethical approach. You, by massacring Westerners, have asked the West to remove all and any ethical boundaries. Your 15th century culture and Kalashinkov-technology MUST LOSE, when confronted by Western saelltites, software, knowledge, technology and attitudes towards you. GPS has no space for your “religious motivation”. All the West has is hellfire for you.
Western culture are the future. Your hatred is a sign of the pathetic past. And there, in the past, you will be buried. All of you, past-obssessed radicals. If you think there is hope for your stupid ideas of murdering your amused critics, always remember: Western satellites, Western technology, Western weapons, special forces, Western economy, beliefs, survival, Western strengths. West WILL win. You have to lose. Your time is back in the 15th century – if you will not go back, Europeans will send you back. You or your corpse.
It will be fascinating to watch the gradual evolution of European attitudes in the coming years.
Whale wars are on the verge of mutating into eco-terrorism